7/30/11

A night at the fair

Cedar, Mimi and I made a cake for Todd on his birthday. I asked Cedar what she wanted to make and she said a tree. I thought it was perfect for tree-lovin' Todd and I had all the ingredients to throw it together during nap time. Cedar helped me ice it when she woke from her nap. By help I mean eat the green icing. :) I made the tree kid-like and wrote our family initials on the trunk.Willy, Trish, my parents and Logan's family all came over just after dinner. We quickly sang "happy birthday", ate some chocolate cake and caravanned to the Loudoun County fair just down the back country roads. It was pretty hot and humid out but I guess that's to be expected for VA summers. A breeze would have been nice. The fair was packed for the bull-riding event. Cedar had a great time. To say that she adores her cousins would be an understatement. She is rather obsessed with River and Mason. On the short drive to the fair she must have asked 30 times, "where's River and Mason?, where's River and Mason?" We kept telling her they were behind us but she just wouldn't stop asking. Finally, jokingly and out of frustration, Todd said, "they went home!" Poor girl broke into tears. We are going to seriously miss them when we head to the London in September. Cedar took her first pony ride. I couldn't believe she got on.I almost cried when she strolled away.The people watching was awesome!And of course the animals were fun for Cedar to see. I felt bad for them because of the heat. Sleepy, smiley pigsMason, the pig whispererThen there were amusement rides. Cedar and Mason were really cute together driving this car round-n-round. I'll try to post the video later.River, looking so grown upMason even rode the roller coaster. What a dare devil!Blurry, but can't you feel the excitement? :)

No comments: