9/12/11

happenings

Hello there, feel like I haven't posted here for awhile. I took the Facebook plunge and can get a bit distracted by it! It keeps me entertained during those late night/early morning feedings with Eli. Anyway, I thought I'd share some photos from the past weeks. Landon and Molly came over one day and ended up staying all day and into the evening. Cedar and Landon were having so much fun exploring outside, picking tomatoes and playing in our workshop. They finished the day in the jacuzzi tub and watching Toy Story. Cedar has never had someone her size in the tub so she got a big kick out of that. They really are cute together and always have been. Now for the photo recap of their day. Eli didn't want to be left out either. :)Over Labor day weekend we ventured down to DC to visit the animals. It was a pretty short trip. Everything seems to revolve around Eli's bottles and Cedar's nap time. We saw elephants, monkeys pooping above people, tigers swimming and went through the reptile house to get a break from the muggy weather. We saw slow moving turtles and this guy: Sorry, I should have given you warning. Isn't he creepy? He just swam up to the glass, opened up his big mouth and sat there for his photo op. Here's a prettier turtle....wonder how old he was?We let Cedar pick out a couple souvenirs from the gift shop and were on our way. We got some double takes with the snake, especially around Todd's neck. It has been quite the hit around our house.And of course Eli enjoyed himself.We've also been enjoying our walks, in the woods and on the roads around our house. One thing I love about this area are the gravel roads. We have taken Cedar on a 3 mile loop walk and she really enjoys it. We stop off and let her speak to the cows. Here she is channeling her inner cow. She was hilarious doing this! ...from monkey to cow!MOOOO!!!!Let's see, what else? Oh, him...I love to see him smile.And here's a photo that doesn't belong in this mix but I thought I'd share it. We went to a party up the road at the Marks' house, an annual tribute to Tom Marks. A night of excellent music and a shadow puppet show. These were hanging inside....I love the tree print behind the instruments. Really want to try that myself.

No comments: