11/7/11

Horses and hounds, oh my!

It's that time of year when the fox hunters make their way through our woods. I have a love/hate relationship with them. Seeing the horses and the riders in their fancy coats is beautiful, but they cause such a stir in the woods. The hounds don't seem like the brightest dogs either and are always getting lost and running into each other. I seriously doubt they'd ever catch a fox and I don't like the idea of that. Thankfully there is no killing, it's just the tradition of it for the riders. The hounds run circles around the woods trying to follow a scent and this sends Willow into orbit. She goes into a barking frenzy which ends up waking the baby and causes the inside of our house to go into a frenzy. Last year I heard the infamous horn calling the dogs in the distance and quickly put Willow in our car. It was the only place I could think of where she would be safe from the pack and where we wouldn't hear her. Cedar has come to love the fox hunters though and gets giddy when she hears the horn. I mean giddy! This particular day she requested a camera to take photos. Yes, I have trained her well. :) She ran upstairs and pulled out an underwater camera case that she could use. I had no idea she knew it was there but she couldn't wait to point and shoot with it. She was all about taking photos. Hmmm? I think it's about time we get her a real camera! I'd love to see her photos. So we bundled up and waited on the deck for the riders to come by. Here's our budding photographer in action:

Eye see you!!
Unfortunately most of the group had already passed, but we did see one rider, one horse and one lost hound!

No comments: